It's been a while since I've blogged, but I thought that I would post the pictures of Kaleb's first Boy Scout Court of Honor. It is a time that they boys get their awards and new ranks if they've achieved it. Kaleb got his official patch for his Boy Scout rank. It just shows that he's "official" now. He also got a computer merit badge that he had earned at an event called "Merit Badge University", a time that he can earn a merit badge in a day!
After he got his rank, he gets to pin a mother's ribbon on me and the pin that show what rank he earned. I'm so glad that the dad next to me picked up my camera and shot several pictures of us!
This is him getting the awards from one of his Troop leaders. I heard later that he (Mr. C) had requested that he get the honor of giving Kaleb these. He is the dad of one of Kaleb's good buddies and we've known the family for several years. He was also one of his cub scout leaders so it was meaningful that Kaleb was becoming a boy scout.
This is the group of boys that wore their uniform on Scout Sunday to church. The each got a badge since they participated. Kaleb has grown up so much in the last couple of month, especially with starting Boy Scouts and hanging out with older boys. He was so ready to start this phase of scouting!!
1 comment:
You must be so proud of this sweet boy. He will definitely be growing up really fast . . . probably too darn fast. He'll be a teenager before you know it! But Boy Scouts and loving the Lord will keep him grounded.
Post a Comment