Every year in June our city has what's called the Rose Festival: we have a parade called the Rose Parade (not to be confused with the one in Pasadena, California), we have 2 other smaller parades too, dragon boats, a fleet of ships, rides and games, fireworks, and a crowning of a queen. And more events, I just don't know them all.
We had fun that day. We were originally going so we could tour the ships that come in for our event in the Rose City. We were able to tour 2, one a Canadian ship that weren't accepting tours that day and another one. We were waiting for our original tour aboard an american ship but it was taking a long time and a Canadian soldier asked if we wanted an imprompt to tour. Who could say no. After our short tour, our original tour was walking by, so we got back in line and toured that ship. Also, while we were walking by the kitchen, they handed out cookies to some of us. It was a lot of fun to tour the ships.
We also played games, played around a fountain, and K tried his hand at Rock Climbing. He did really good for his first time. Both D and I were surprised that he wanted to try it at all but we let him do it-- he didn't get very high but the fact that he tried it at all was celebration for us.
Of course the events have changed since D and I were kids, but it's neat to have a next generation enjoy the Rose Festival.
3 comments:
I am not D...I HAVE a name you know... :)
OK, very cute sweetie. This is from your husband and I wanted to say that I really appreciate you doing little things like this that make me so glad you are who you are.
I love you...
Your hubby...Dougie
Wonderful to share life with the next generation. The fountain in which K is playing is exactly the kind of water feature that my "K" sells (he's been the Fountain People's rep all along, just changed his territory . . . they wouldn't let him retire completely!)
K looks like he could become an awesome climber.
Thanks for the comment on my blog . . . but you're right. I didn't write it very clearly and since, I have changed it. The Fern Canyon is in California. But if you're ever down there (it's really pretty darn close to Oregon) it's well worth it. And an easy hike. A kindergarten class was enjoying it the morning we were there!
Post a Comment