Monday, October 02, 2006

I just had to share...

Hi Everyone,

I just had to share something funny that happened to K and I today.

K had just finished homeschool and I was starting to clean up around the house. I thought that if I could get K to help me with getting the dirty clothes from in our closet upstairs to downstairs, it would save me time. Well, I asked him if he could go up in our closet and throw our clothes downstairs (that is where our hamper is and that is what I usually do to get the clothes downstairs and K has seen me to it all the time). Well, he did it with great gusto. I had been in the kitchen while he "helped" mom and so I ended up checking on him.

I knew that something was just not right when I saw a dress that I haven't worn in sometime. Then I saw the stairs and the pile of clothes. Then I saw a Christmas sweater and knew that I hadn't worn that since December. So doing a quick look at what K had helped me with was taking all my CLEAN clothes off the hanger and throwing those down the stairs. Luckly he hadn't gotten to all my clothes, my wedding dress was still in the closet. OOPS!! I must have forgot to tell him to throw the clothes in the HAMPER down to me. Oh well, just chalk that up to a "staceyism" as my dear husband would say.

So, I decided to call my gram H and tell her the story so she could get a good laugh at something that her great-grandson had done. So, I thought that I would send this to all my family and friends who just need a little laugh, and I don't mind that it's a my expense this time.

Now, I'm up in our bedroom, hanging up clothes and having the show Frasier keep me company.

I just had to share...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to keep a positive attitude! Love ya, Janna

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Communication is so important. But choosing the right words would be the key, in this case especially. Too funny. What a great attitude you have . . . but what else could you be BUT okay with it since it was YOUR "screw-up!" What a helper he is!

Anonymous said...

Way too funny Stace..I love it.