Thursday, September 07, 2006

Starting 2nd grade...

K and I have started homeschooling again this year (the beginning of our 3rd year) and he seems to love it!! I'm always excited when he is taking a liking to it. This is our first full week of doing all the subjects.

Here he is doing his handwriting. We are doing all the regular school subjects like writing, math, english, spelling, reading and history and then eventally later this year I will add science (through our homeschool group) and geography. Most of the books that you see at the table are for homeschool. We are having fun and trying to keep the momentum up.
So, let the games begin...

2 comments:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Way to go big third-grader K! Handwriting is a tough one but once you get it ... writing stories will be a breeze. My grandson, JD, is in the third grade also and he really has to practice a lot. It's hard to go slowly so you get each letter correctly formed. But with lots of practice it becomes easier.

Way to go K's mom. I think I would have enjoyed homeschooling if I were a stay-at-home mom like you!

kalebsmum said...

JL--I should of put his school year too--I put that we are starting our 3rd year but he is a 2nd grader (started with kindie) sorry for the confusion!