Saturday, November 25, 2006

Black Friday

It is the day after Thanksgiving and I'm glad that it is over!

I got up this morning at 5:30am to get the great deals. I got one that I'm proud of and just glad that the experience is over.

I only went to two stores and I'm glad that was the jist of my black friday purchases. I've so gotten out of the me first attitude that plaques people today. I guess the time in Central Oregon helped that with me. I heard people complaining about lines, people pushing in other stores and how many of one item that people got. I was just glad that I got up that early in the morning and it was real close to my home.

Also, for those that don't know, the day after thanksgiving in retail is called Black Friday. Do you know why?? It is because some retailers are in the red for most of the year and that day after thanksgiving and the Christmas holiday pushes them in the black. It is amazing to think where retailers would be if there was no Christmas holiday.

Also, some friends and I went out this evening to celebrate a birthday. Afterwards we looked around some stores nearby and it was nice that things weren't as crazy as they had been that morning. We could actually be checked out and not wait in the horendous lines of the morning of black friday.

Blessings all and let the games of the Christmas shopping season begin!

1 comment:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Great blog. This year I made all the Christmas gifts except the two sons-in-law whose gifts we bought on-line from Eddie Bauer. So no more hectic shopping for us! I absolutely hate shopping with the crowds. . . guess that's part of being a "senior citizen!" Glad you got some bargains, though, because every cent you can save these days is important.