Sunday, July 29, 2007

Gilbert Ranch


Gilbert Ranch is a working ranch that part of the Boy Scouts use. And one of the activities that he gets to do is go on a short horse back ride. We first got up at 6 am to feed and brush the horses (mom was up at 5:30 that morning) and then after breakfast was K's (and the rest of his group) ride. He did great. I think that going and see the horses that morning was good for him. He is pictured on Rodeo.

Here he is with his first try. He got 3 in the center and quite a few around the dead center. He did great for his first try.


Here he is at the BB Gun range. He was so excited to try his hand at it. He did really well. Infact he even got a patch for getting 5 shots on his target worth over 35 points. To get 35 points you have to have your BB hit certain parts of the target. 10 being the center, then the next section is 9, then 8, then 7. He got 4 in the 9 section and 1 in the 7 section.


Here is K trying his hand at Archery. He did well once he fiqured out how to do it. We had a lot of fun at camp. K and I went first and D joined us the next day. We were there from Thursday to Saturday night. Mom is glad that it was just a short camp--I was so tired from climbing hills all day--to get to our campsite and to get down to the activities field. But K and his friends had a great time!


My war wound. I tried my hand at Archery too. But wouldn't you know it, mom injured herself. I've got a great bruse that I've had friends tell me will stick around for a couple of weeks. What fun!!




1 comment:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

What a great camp Gilbert Ranch is, with all those fun activities. Good job K, on your shooting certificate! And way to go trooper SL for hiking up and down the hills . . . great exercise while having fun at the same time. These pictures will make great scrapping pages. I'm glad you all had such fun. I'm assuming D had fun too?