Friday, February 08, 2008

My First Project

I wanted to share my first knitting project. It was just a scarf for K but it helped my fingers and mind get back into this fun activity. A friend during K's Chess time helped remind me of how to perl and this morning I had a hard time getting the hang of closing the project off. luckly I had a book to help me...Knitting for Dummies...I've started to work on my next one already...


1 comment:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Nice job S.Louise! Knitting and crochetting are one of my favorite things to do, however I only do simple projects. We have a group here at Park Sierra called the Knitters and Hookers and we make baby caps for preemies and have taken over 5,000 to local hospitals and birthing centers. But I also like to make scarves using the "eyelash yarn" mixed with a soft soft yarn and they turn out pretty. And they make great gifts. The other thing I make, especially when we're on the road, is dish cloths out of the Sugar n' Cream 100% cotton yarn. They are great dishcloths . . . in fact I'll make you one and send it along with the directions because they make great gifts too. And you'll never ever use another dish cloth again, I swear!