Monday, July 07, 2008

July 7th

Yesterday, Doug, Kaleb and I went up to the hills outside Estacada with Doug's brother and some of his other friends (the brothers) and went shooting. He says that this has become a tradition after the 4th of July. Doug had bought a new gun and wanted to try it out.


Here's Kaleb with his BB gun. He had fun shooting it like the rest of the adults.


Here is Kaleb and Doug shooting dad's new 20 gauge. He didn't like it much--it's so big and packs quite a kick. (my thoughts too)



One of his brothers friends was letting Doug and I try out his different guns. After I had tried ours out...I tried this little 22, I liked it a lot better, didn't kick so bad. I also tried his little hand gun (there's another term for it--you can basically put it in your back pocket and it looks like a wallet)
It ended up being a fun day.

2 comments:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

This post reminds of a time when Ken and I were dating. We went out to the desert with his folks to shoot at tin cans. I had been shooting a 22 rifle for about an hour and his dad handed me his rifle and said "try this one!" I took it and shot it and it practically knocked me on my butt! It was a 12-gauge shot gun! We still laugh about it, as we did just now reading your blog. But it looks like you all had fun.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Looks like a typical day in the life of a Wasson (I can't tell you how many times Warren took my kids to go shooting!). Loved your picture with your old car (another Warren thing!) Love, Aunt Laura