Thursday, August 04, 2011

Ruffy Flats Boy Scout Camp 2011… Part 2

I was asked if mom’s usually go on campouts and the answer is…

NO

DSCN0591

The picture above is morning when no one is around (I believe people are still sleeping) and I’m enjoying a quiet camp.

This years summer camp was different. Since we had created our own camp and it was just our troop, they needed someone to organize the cooking and so I volunteered and helping me was another mom who took up the mantel when I had to go to San Francisco for my Uncle Tim’s memorial (my mom’s brother). I was so blessed that she had stepped up and could do stuff right before camp when I was with family. And while I was in San Fran my dad’s mom passed away. I’m relieved now that I was with family while all of that stuff was going on.

But, to get back to camp, we were about 1/2 hour from Yreka, California in a little town called Etna. There was a little soda fountain in town that we stopped at a couple of times.

More later!

1 comment:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Gosh, Stacey, I'm so sorry to hear first about your uncle . . . and then your gramma's passing. You are in my prayers for strength during this time of sadness. Rejoice in the memories of the time the Lord blessed you with Uncle Tim and your Gramma.