Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Greeting from Jordan

I thought i would post real quick and give you an update and let you know that we are doing well and on our way from Egypt to Israel? We are now sitting in the Amman, Jordan airport.

We wore ourselves ragged in Egypt! Seeing all we could see: Giza Pyramids, step pyramid, little bit of what was left of the ancient city of Memphis, open air museum to see lots of Ramses II monuments (did you know that besides his own monuments he also took others' as his own) The Valley of the Kings (seeing inside three beautiful tombs), the temple at Karnak, and the famous Egyptian museum.

I had the strangest reaction to seeing the gold funeral mask of king tutankamen. Remembering that most of one side of my family had wanted to come to Egypt and see all these wonderful sights... My mom, her mom and dad and my Uncle Tim (her brother) Just seeing it seemed like that is where it all started. I know for me it was when they all went to the the exhibit up in Seattle and because I was so young they left me home. That started my own love of ancient Egypt.

I wish I could post pics but i didn't bring a computer, just this tablet that is connected to free (yay free!) wifi at the airport between flights.

Also, Doug and I have posted some pictures, so cruise over to our pages and see them from there. I'll post pictures later too, but that will be once we are home.

All our love from a
middle eastern airport :-)

1 comment:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Hmmmm . . . don't know how to "cruise over to our pages" to see pictures. I think I'll just wait until you get home. Your trip, so far, seems stupendous!