Saturday, March 10, 2012

Slow Cooked Potatoes, Bacon, and Cheese

Okay, is your mouth watering yet?? A friend posted this on Facebook so I thought that I would post it here, so I could remember this recipe.

Bacon Cheese Potatoes (Slow Cooked)

Prep Time: 10 mins

Cooke Time: 10 hours

Total Time: 10 hours 10 mins

Serves: 4

Ingredients

  • 1/4 pound bacon, diced
  • 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
  • 4 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 pound cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
  • salt and pepper
  • butter
  • Green Onions (optional)

Directions

  1. Line crockpot with foil, leaving enough to cover the potatoes when finished.
  2. Layer half each of the bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese in crockpot. Season to taste and dot with butter.
  3. Repeat layers of bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese. Dot with butter.
  4. Cover with remaining foil.
  5. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours.

Make this recipe bigger if you are expecting company. Great to serve for a brunch!

Thanks Moms With Crockpots for this great recipe! Will have to try this when we get back from our trip.

1 comment:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Oh my, doesn't that look scrumptious! For some reason I thought you were leaving in April?