Friday, July 21, 2006

The Joys of Summer

It's taken me a while to write and say what we've been doing lately. That's summer for ya.

Doug, K and I have been busy with friends, quick trips to unknown destinations, walking to our local farmers market on Thursday nights and just hanging out.

K was in Vacation Bible School a week or so ago with his buddy D and I enjoyed his mornings out of the house. It was nice to have a little summer break of my own.

On the 4th of July we had 2 other families over for a BBQ and fireworks afterwords. It was fun to have our friends over.

Also, last weekend we headed up the mountain and just poked around at Mount Hood and Timberline lodge. We even had a little snowball fight with the left over winter snow.

Today, K and I came back from the swimming pool across the street where D lives. It was great to take a break from this heat we are having and take a dip in a nice relaxing cool pool with friends.

No pictures this time as I'm on dear husbands laptop while he is playing civilization before we go and have lunch. There will be more later.

Blessings all!!

1 comment:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

HEY! I didn't even see this blog . . . because I was snatched up by that Green Olive and it never dawned on me to scroll down! Glad you have a neighbor with a pool. That heat-wave was a killer, wasn't it? Glad it's cooling down now. We'll be heading over to Michigan next week for another grandkid fix!