With the summer just about done, my friend M called and wanted to know if K and I wanted to go to the lake. It's a rather small lake, it is man made I believe. But we have a lot of fun when we go. I packed a small lunch for us and then we headed to the lake. We aren't that far from it, it only takes about 10 minutes (or less) to get there. The boys wanted to play in the sand in front of the lake today so we brought all the buckets and shovels and they had a great time building stuff, and of course, playing in the water.
Also, I'm so glad that K wants to get in it and play. My dear husband doesn't like the water much so it is very nice that K wants to get in it. I love the water! It is a fairly shallow play area and he knows not to go past a certain rope. This fall I want to get him back into swimming lessons, it has been a while since he's had them and I want him to be able to swim.
1 comment:
Swimming is so important for anyone . . . but especially for kids! Just forget about D not liking the water and make sure that K gets those swimming lessons . . . at least to be water-safe! He looks like he's loving it, though! Sum-Sum-Summertime . . . don't 'cha love it!
Post a Comment