Yep, a little more then a month away, I’ll be turning 40. Specifically on April 21st. I’ve been in a little snit about turning the big 4-0 this year and I couldn’t figure out why whenever Doug would ask me.
I never thought I would be one of those ladies that were effected by turning 40. I’m not high maintenance (atleast I don’t believe I am).
But tonight Doug and I had a breakthrough. Or maybe I should say I had that break through. We were talking about it again and I said that my mom only made it to 45… something that I had thought about but never vocalized it. But vocalizing it made all the difference. I couldn’t believe that that is what was bugging me.
Hopefully realizing it and knowing that is what is effecting me will help me enjoy my 40th birthday.
1 comment:
I can remember turning 40 and it didn't affect me as much as turning 50. But now that I'm two years from turning 70 ... oh my, that really affects me big time!
I bet your mom dying at such an early age (and I clearly remember that time of your life) is the reason you are having a hard time, and I'm sorry about that.
But, it is what it is, and quite frankly life is good at each stage!
Post a Comment