Friday, June 01, 2012

My weekly Journal of June 1st, 2012

 I saw this in a blog that I was reading and thought that I would post a journal of my own. I don’t know if it will be a regular thing, but I thought that I would give it a try Smile
In my life this week… Not much happened this week. Just getting all my “eggs” in a row and enjoy summer soon!
In our homeschool this week… Kaleb and I are trying to close up school very soon, hopefully next week, so that way we can have a great summer off.
This week in Boy Scouts… We didn’t have BS this last Monday and so Doug, Kaleb and I talked about what needed to be done to get to his new rank. I also have Kaleb keep up on his Family Life merit badge by doing his chores daily, a requirement for that merit badge.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… With Monday being Memorial Day, Doug, Kaleb and I visited our National Cemetary to visit Doug’s uncle Earl and then go across the road to visit his mom.
My favorite thing this week was… Listening to our new deck get built.
What’s working/not working for us…
Things I’m working on… Working on getting some bookshelves built for my craft room. I have too many books Smile
I’m reading… I love my tablet and my Kindle app. I get a daily email about free books that are avalible for download.
I’m cooking… nothing right now. I did go to Target today and found a cookbook by Lee Drummand, the Pioneer Woman. The pictures looked good and gave me a renewed energy on cooking.
I’m grateful for…My husband and how he is on the ball about all the different projects that are going on with our house… the deck, patio, getting our trees trimmed and checking out new windows.

2 comments:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

What a fun idea, Tracy. I look forward to peeking in on your life through your weekly journal. I chuckled when I read you were getting all your "eggs in a row" . . . I always thought people got all their "ducks in a row" ... but hey! eggs or ducks ... it's a good thing to do to get organized. I also understand the need for book shelves. I've found, in organizing our new home, that need for more shelves. My books are in the tole painting and quilting categories.

Jen gave me Ree Drummond's new cookbook for Mother's Day ... and I love all the beautiful pictures (which she takes herself). It's so much easier trying a new recipe to actually "see" what your suppposed to be doing!

CaliforniaGrammy said...

You-whooooo! What happened to week two . . . with week three coming up shortly? :)