I’m playing with a name for this journal that I’ve been doing. And so I thought that I would give this a whirl. I think I might try a couple and see what works
In our homeschool this week… we are off until September!! Got lots of great idea’s at the homeschool convention for 8th grade!!
This week in Boy Scouts… Last Monday Kaleb finished his Environmental Science Merit Badge after just about a year in progress!! Woo Hoo!! To get his next rank he needs three Eagle required merit badges and that is the first of three.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… putting some finishing touches on a trip to Vancouver and Victoria, Canada. We also found that there is a cruise line out there that has freestyle dining. My family is not one to dress up so this is a nice option for us.
Things that Kaleb worked on… Kaleb is so rocking getting projects done for dad!! Doug made a list for him for this summer and every week seems to get something done. Last week he took some old flat rocks and put them on the side of our house and it looks great. He went above and beyond what we expected him to do.
Things I’m working on… I’ve got to write a list about all the projects that I want to complete! On my list (still) is my bookshelves in my craft room, rearranging the living room, we want to REDO our master bathroom, and a variety of scrapbook projects!
What I’m reading… The Dead Sea Cipher by Elizabeth Peters. I love reading her mysteries for her backdrops, mainly Egypt and this one is in Israel from what I understand. I just started it and it will be fun to get into another book
What I’ve scrapbooked… I had to clean up my scrapbook area this week because one of my big buckets fell of my table and I left it for several days. It was one that had little pieces of chip board, lots of beads for beading bracelets and misc. stuff. I did find something new to add to my scrapbooking and that is Washi Tape! It’s a decorative addition that is sticky on one side and colorful on the other. I can’t wait to try it soon!!
This has been a fun journal about what we’ve been doing each week (or when the spirit moves me) and will add more when it happens.
1 comment:
I like "Taylor Tidbits" rather than The Taylor Tidbits . . . just sayin' . . . Kaleb is becoming quite a responsible young man!
I'm thinking that all cruise lines are pretty casual in their dining options. The five that we've gone on have always had the option, on formal nights, to dine elsewhere on the ship with lots of choices.
The mishap in the craft room must have been a bear to pick up! How do you use Washii tape in scrapbooking?
I'm glad you make time for reading a good book now and then. It's a great way to escape the day-to-day routine our life sometimes takes. I found that I love reading novels about the Amish. Sandra turned me on to a couple authors she enjoys too.
Keep on smiling . . . sorry about having to lose a tooth, though. That's a real bummer, it's so too bad it couldn't be saved!
Post a Comment