I’ve had fun posting things that happen to us and noticed that it’s been two weeks since my last post… so here is the next one
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… Doug, Kaleb and I visited my family last weekend in Prineville. We were so busy that the weekend went by in a flash! Doug and Kaleb went shooting Saturday morning while I visited with my dad and Uncle Tom, then dinner with them at a chinese food place, then breakfast with my Aunt Connie and Uncle Jerry on Sunday morning and then finally a visit with some friends that we had made in Redmond when we lived there. We hadn’t seen them since we had moved. Which had been about 7 years!
Also, while I was visiting with my dad and Uncle Tom I sprained my ankle! Oh how strange to just be standing there and have my ankle go sideways and pop. Boy did it smart! Monday morning I went and saw a doc and she told me it was sprained and to take it easy for a while.
Two weeks ago, Doug, Kaleb and I went to the beach for the day. We went to Cannon Beach to walk around the shops and then went to Moe’s for a late lunch/early dinner. It is my favorite place to get Clam Chowder!
In our homeschool this week… I think that we finally picked a date to start school. It will be the 17th of September. That is when his classes start at First Class Clackamas Teens co-op. His science class will start the beginning of October with another First Class co-op at a local community College.It will be a fun year!
This week in Boy Scouts… We went to our annual summer court of honor with the boy scouts. He got his Environmental Science, leatherworks and pioneering. He still needs to finish two merit badges to do to be able to get his next rank, Life Scout. Doug and I are also in the midst of being trained so we can be in charge of our fall popcorn sales.
Things I’m working on… Mainly just healing at this point. I was thinking that I was feeling better and then woke up from a nap (yes, I’ve been napping this week) and it was feeling a bit snarky. The doc did tell me it COULD be about a month (or a few weeks) I just need to keep my foot up and heal!
What I’m reading… I haven’t been reading much lately since I’ve been watching a lot of movies on Netflix!!
What I’ve scrapbooked… I finished pages for my 2011 books. Just waiting to print them out. I just need to start Kaleb’s scout book. I found some neat scrapbook elements and paper online and got them the other day.
What we are doing this weekend, Labor Day Weekend… One my list is healing but Doug has LOTS on his list. He wants to finish painting the spots that didn’t get done on the house, trip to the dump, trip to the scout store, Fuddruckers (that was put on his list by me) and lots of little stuff that I don’t know.
Well, that is all from The Taylor’s. Happy August 31st
1 comment:
I guess you can say that spraining your ankle has given you a window of time to create a post for your blog, and much needed time for catching up on your scrapping! Almost done with 2011 and I hate to mention it, but we're already into the fourth quarter of 2012 . . . doesn't time fly when we're having so much fun!
You've been busy and have a busy schedule planned for the upcoming school year and scouting taking a lot of your time.
The best part of the upcoming weekend is Fuddruckers. I'd be right there with you if we lived closer. Have a good time limpy!'
Post a Comment