Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Taylor Three… August 16, 2012

As I was starting this, I realized that I hadn’t posted ANYTHING in July! What can I say? We were busy Smile

In our homeschool this week… I am gearing up to start 8th grade with Kaleb in a few weeks. Should be starting the week or two after Labor Day. Just not sure when yet. Just need to finish signing him up for our local teen cop-op to take some classes and have some fall fun with that group.

This week in Boy Scouts… Kaleb is going to Timothy Lake this weekend (Thursday to Saturday) with just his troop. Him and Doug two weeks ago got back from his Scout Summer Camp where Kaleb earned his Pioneering and Leatherworks merit badge.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… While Doug and Kaleb went to scout camp, I went and visited my cousins in Minnesota. I was there for 5 days (3 full days) and boy did they keep me busy!! We went to the Waterpark of America, The Mall of America, Chanhassen Dinner Theater (Xanadu), two day trip to the north shore of Lake Superior where we went to Glensheen, Enger Tower, Canal Park, Gooseberry Falls and Split Rock Lighthouse. See, all that in about 96 hours!!

We also think that we’ve found the perfect cruise for us! It’s on the Norwegian line and it goes to the Western Caribbean. We just need to pull the trigger on it and get our airfare and such. We would leave from New Orleans and Doug wants to see a bit of it before our cruise. We are excited about it!

Things that Kaleb worked on… He will be leading some other older boys in painting our house. Yes, I’m a little nervous about that, but Doug has faith in him so he should do a good job!

Things I’m working on… We (as a family) put up my bookshelves and they look so nice and well organized. I now need to change out the computer desk (a find at a church’s rummage sale) that goes with my new shelves.

We also had our dishwasher go out on us and so today we got our new one! Doug will hopefully be putting it in so I can start using it and not have to do dishes by hand!

What I’m reading… Echoes of Titanic by Mindy Starns Clark. I haven’t completely gotten into it yet but I love the author and her past reads.

What I’ve scrapbooked… Haven’t done much, but for our 2012 family book I’m doing it all digital. It has been nice to be sitting in front of my TV, catching up on shows, while doing some scrapbooking or sitting on a long plane ride and getting a page or two.

1 comment:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Well, we may not have heard from you in a while but you certainly haven't been bored have you?

Your upcoming cruise sounds delightful and leaving from New Orleans sound fun too. We've been on a bunch of cruises but have never left from New Orleans and I'm with Doug, I'd like to spend a little time there too!

It's hard to believe schools starting so soon, where did the summer go? Our kids start on this coming Monday.