Saturday, May 17, 2008

Day one...

I'm finally sitting down and writing about our Southern California vacation. I wanted to start with "Day one" which wasn't very long but it was our first day of vacation...

We were blessed to have all but one of our plane tickets paid for. Doug had a ticket from a cancelled vacation ticket from September, I had a ticket that was given to me so all we had to pay for was K. It was a lot more relaxing then driving the 2 days down to Anaheim.

We ended up getting down there about 2 hours late because we had to change airplanes (the whole plane) A sensor that warned the pilot that we were going to slow (yes, that seemed a strange thing) wasn't working right. The pilot can apparently sign something but it was taking to long and so they just changed planes.



We finally got into Orange County, got our rental car (a PT Cruser) and found our hotel. We got our room and got this great view. That night we even saw the fireworks coming from Dland.

Since it was later then we had intended we drove to the nearest In n Out burger (our fav's and they don't have them where we are from) and then went back to our hotel to relax before our busy day at Legoland.

1 comment:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Well, SL, I'm glad you're "sitting down" to write about your vacation ... it wouldn't be real comfy had you been standing up!

How cool to have only to pay for K's plane ticket, oh to be so lucky! Besides, driving down to Anaheim in only two days is driving too darn fast!

I love the picture from the hotel ... it looks like a Six Flags shot with Mickey's ears on the roller coaster.

And how cool is buzzing around So. Cal in a PT Cruiser ... they are so cute.

And the best part of all . . . you got to indulge in In n' Out burgers, fries, and shakes???

Okay, I'm ready for more—more—more!