Monday, May 19, 2008

Day three...

Okay, I was reminded that I hadn't put up the next installment of the Taylor's Vacation. So here we go...

Today was our first Disneyland Day. We were all so excited and couldn't wait until we were there, riding the rides, experiencing all the Disney had to offer.

Our first ride was Indiana Jones. Then we went on Space Mountain. I know that because I used the fast pass system. Met Doug and Kaleb at Indy with fast passes to Space Mountain. It was good that we had done disney enough to know when to ride rides.


One thing that we did different this year was actually have pictures of Kaleb with some of the characters. We got of course Pluto, Mickey, Donald and Goofy. We got a couple of family shots as well. They also do something great and that is have disney photo employees stationed around at different photo ops and take pictures for you. We had 30 (or so) taken that the only thing you had to do was actually spend money if you wanted any of the pictures. We got a couple. It was nice to get some family shots. One of us is usually missing from pictures.


One thing that we made sure to do was the Jedi Training Academy. It was something new for us and Kaleb had a great time. What happens: A "Jedi" picks you out of the audience (about 20 kids or so) and you train with him. Then Darth Vader and Darth Maul comes and each kid gets to "fight" one or the other bad guys. Kaleb got Darth Maul.


Here's Kalebs training from the Jedi.


If I rember correctly we had lunch in California Adventure. A great Burger joint that was not as busy as the last time we were there. (Think standing in line for a burger for over 1/2 hour last time. 10 minutes this time) I think I'll have to ask Doug where we went for Dinner, I can't remember. We then headed pack to the hotel to wait for our next Magical Disney Day!!

1 comment:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Good job, SL. I know what you mean about family pictures. 95% of our family, when our kids were young (a way long time ago!) they always included K and the girls ... like there was no "mom" in the group! Because "she" was behind the camera taking the picture for posterity (no scrapping in those days). What a fun time—I'm sure K had a blast and will remember his trips to Disneyland all his life. How lucky he is to have a Mom and Dad so hooked on having fun too!

So let's see one of those family shots!