Wednesday, May 02, 2012

First Day In Jerusalem

We spent two days in Jerusalem during our trip to Israel. The first day we went thru Old Jerusalem, was the Western Wall (better known as the Wailing Wall) and the City of King David.

The “Wailing Wall” had so many people praying at it. It looked like I had seen in pictures, just maybe a little longer.

One of the locations that I loved being taken to was the City built by King David. In his time he had wanted it to be called City of David but it never stuck. Part of the tour was being taken down in the old water system, which is now mostly dry unless you chose to go thru the part that still has some water in it. I remembered an article in Biblical Archaeology Review that talked about the old water system… and I still had it, from 1995!

Some of the things that we are saw was several Bar Mizvah’s, the Old Shuck (or market), outside of the old wall, Israel Defense Force out and about, roman architecture and The Broad Wall.

It’s been nice to get these photos done and organized in my computer. Day two in Jerusalem posted soon!!

1 comment:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

What a fabulous trip this must have been. Don't forget to backup your computer. Save all the photos on a thumb drive too!