Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day 2006


It's Mother's day and I thought that I would write what I did on Mother's Day. D and K took me out to brunch, at one of my favorite places to go. Then we took a hike!

It was a lot of fun. I even enjoyed myself. The three of us met up with two other cub scout families and did the last of our requirements for our tiger cub badge. It was a mile hike back to this great falls near where Multnomah Falls is. It was a tough walk (okay, I'm kind of out of shape :) ) and then at the end is this gorgeous falls. You can feel the water spray from where we were standing, watching the falls.


The kids did great--you can kind of see them at the corner of the picture of the falls. D was great with them, showing them different plants on our hike. (for those that didn't know, D is great with kids at this age!!) He had them paying attention and interested in what we were doing and what was around us.

By the time that we were back in the parking area, we had walked 2 miles!! The kids were playing by the creek and kaleb got soaked. And being the busy mom that I was today, forgot to grab a change of clothes. Oh well. Maybe I'll get it right by the time he's 18 :)

Well, its time for us to eat something!! Where they are taking me, who knows!!

1 comment:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Happy Mother's Day kalebsmum! Sounds like you had a very enjoyable time with the family and friends. So do you mean you got to go out for brunch AND dinner? Nice!